We are making it easier for attendees with children (ages 6 months – 10 years old) to attend RIPE Meetings by offering a sponsored, on-site childcare service. Parents no longer have to choose between participating in the RIPE Meeting and staying home to take care of the family. This initiative is an action from the RIPE Diversity Task Force. The goal of the task force is to increase diversity in the RIPE community. We aim to remove barriers that prevent participation, particularly those that affect underrepresented groups in the community.
RIPE 76 Childcare includes:
- A safe, secure daycare facility by WorldWide Kids at the meeting location
- Childcare from 8:30-12:30 and 13:30-19:00
- Five highly-trained childcare staff (English and French spoken)
- Age appropriate toys, arts and crafts, sports, games, etc.
- Tailored activity programmes that change daily
- Lunch (see below for details)
- Optional in-room babysitting in the evenings (EUR 12 per hour on a first come, first serve basis)
Space is limited for this service, so be sure to sign up quickly!
You can reserve your spot here. This is only a reservation and does not confirm your place. Once we receive your form, you will receive an invoice for the EUR 20 per child, per day contribution. Your details will be sent to WorldWide Kids to complete the registration process.
The reservation form allows you to reserve a spot for up to three children. If you need to reserve a place for additional children, please contact agowland [at] ripe [dot] net.
Optional In-Room Babysitting
If you would like to attend a social, you can request in-room babysitting from the childcare staff. This service is arranged directly with WorldWide Kids and costs EUR 12 per hour (to be paid directly when the service is used). Details coming soon!
We will provide a separate space in the lunch area of the RIPE Meeting for parents and their children that are using this service. Parents must remain with their children in the lunch area. From 12:30-13:30, you are responsible for your child.
- This is a pilot initiative and will be evaluated following the meeting
- Parents will also need to register directly with WorldWide Kids
- There is a secure sign-in, sign-out service for dropping off and picking up kids
- The location is within the Pharo, but not near the RIPE Meeting area
- Parents must pick up their kids for lunch between 12:30-13:30
- Children are not permitted anywhere within the RIPE Meeting area (except the dedicated lunch table from 12:30-13:30)
- Read more about WorldWide Kids